Release of the HNGRY app on December 15th, 2019 - All basic functions at a glance
You can create various shopping lists in the HNGRY app. You can name each shopping list as you wish and share it with other HNGRY app users (e.g. your friends or family). Sharing means that the people you shared your shopping list with can view your shopping list, make changes to the list, and share the shopping list you shared with other members without your permission. Please note that your profile information is visible to all members of a shared shopping list. You can add as many products to a shopping list as you like, these can be your own individual products or products that come from our database. The view of your shopping list can be sorted by categories or by date. You can enrich a product with further information such as the unit, the quantity or your own notes. By clicking on a product, the product is marked as “purchased” and is automatically added to your purchases.
In the Purchasing area you can see all of your purchased products and the level indicator shows you whether a product is likely to be needed again or not. All products you buy are collected in a statistic. You can see at a glance which product categories you buy most often.
As soon as a product is probably no longer in stock, we offer the product directly in the search of your shopping list. So you can save a lot of time and comfortably maintain your shopping list. In order to make the purchase suggestions as smart as possible, we will remember your purchase history. If you buy a product more often, we calculate your average shopping frequency based on this history and use the level indicator to show you whether you probably still have the product in stock or should buy it again. If you have not bought a product that often yet, we calculate shopping suggestions based on our experience.
In the settings you will find further information about the HNGRY app, for example the installed version of the HNGRY app and legal information. In addition, you can recommend the HNGRY app to friends, send us feedback, view the FAQs or log out of the HNGRY app.
We fixed a few bugs so the app works even better now.
You can now activate push notifications. You will be notified when:
- New products have been added to a list
- Someone was shopping from your list
- The members of your list have changed
- The name of the shopping list has been changed
We also made other small improvements.
- The order of the categories can be adjusted individually
- Own products are now included in the overview of recent purchases
- The shopping recommendations can be sorted by needed soon or by category
- You can now add products via the Apple Watch and select HNGRY as a complication for the watch face (only iOS)
- Categories can now be assigned to your own products
- Individual shopping recommendations are also displayed for your own products
- The product catalog has been expanded
- Adding products via Siri is now easier
- Use HNGRY without registration
- Product catalogue was extended with further products
- Share the content of your list via WhatsApp or mail
- Activate badges and see how many products you have to buy without opening the app
- Have you experienced problems joining a shopping list? We added a new way to join a shopping list by pasting the invitation link you received in the app
- The categories of the products have been adapted and expanded
- Product details can now be found in a separate screen.
- Synonyms and singular or plural forms are now included in the product catalog
- There are more units (bottle, tube, box) to choose from
- Use iOS 14 widgets for HNGRY to see at a glance which products are on the shopping list (only iOS)
- We have listened closely to your feedback and optimized the contrast and legibility in HNGRY in some places.
- See who added a product to the shopping list.
There are new products in our catalogue.
Accidentally bought the wrong product? No problem, now you can easily undo it!
Small UI adjustments, so that HNGRY is even easier to use.