We attach great importance to the protection and security of your personal data. We therefore consider it important to inform you about which personal data we use for which purposes and which rights you have in relation to your personal data.
The HNGRY website is an information website that informs prospective users of the benefits of the HNGRY smartphone app. Prospective users also have the option to download the HNGRY app directly via a link to the App Store or Play Store. Users can read up on the most commonly asked questions about the app in the FAQs and use the contact form to contact the HNGRY team.
What are personal data and what does processing mean?
- “Personal data” (hereinafter also referred to as “data”) are any information that reveal something about a natural person. In addition to information that allows a direct inference about a specific person (such as a person’s name or email address), personal data also include information that can be linked to a certain person with appropriate additional knowledge.
- “Processing” refers to any action taken on your personal data (such as the collection, recording, organisation, ordering, storage, use or erasure of data).
2 Data processing on the HNGRY website
Who is responsible for processing your data?
The controller responsible for processing your data is Liebherr-Hausgeräte GmbH, Memminger St. 77-79, 88416 Ochsenhausen, Germany, Phone: +4973529280; Fax +497352928408; email: email@example.com.
What data are collected for which purposes?
When you visit the HNGRY website, your Internet browser will transfer the following data in particular to our web server, which we store in so-called log files:
- Date of access to the HNGRY website
- Time of access to the HNGRY website
- Internet address of the website on which you were when you called up the HNGRY website (URL)
- The files accessed by you via the HNGRY website
- The amount of data transferred to you
- Your browser type and version
- Your operating system
- The domain name of your Internet access provider (e.g. Telekom, Vodafone, etc.)
- Your (external) IP address
If you use the contact form to communicate with us, we process the following data belonging to you in this context:
- email address
- First name and surname (optional information)
- Content of the contact request
We generally only process the data listed in points 1-12 for the following purposes:
- Securing the stability of the website (data categories used: 1-9)
- Communication option via our contact form (data categories used: 10-12)
On what legal basis do we collect your data?
In principle, the legal basis for processing your data is Art. 6 GDPR, in so far as there are no further specific legal provisions.
Your data is processed based on a balance of interests (Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR) (applies to purposes 1 and 2)
Our legitimate interests are:
- Securing the availability of our website for our visitors as well as improvement of the stability, functionality and security of the website (applies to purpose 1)
- Contact by the user in order to respond to queries regarding the “HNGRY” product to enhance user satisfaction and to safeguard availability for (service) requests with regard to our products from prospective users/customers (applies to purpose 2)
If we process your data on the basis of a balance of interests, you have the right to object to the processing of your data under the provisions of Art. 21 GDPR.
We process your data only to the extent necessary for the fulfilment of the abovementioned purposes.
To whom and for what purposes do we transfer which categories of your data?
Where necessary, we will transfer your data;
- to other Liebherr subsidiaries, if this is necessary for the initiation, execution or termination of a contract or if there is a legitimate interest in the transfer on our part and your predominant legitimate interest does not lie in conflict with the same (data categories 1-12);
- To the service providers we use to achieve the above purposes; (data categories 1-9);
- To any court, arbitration tribunal, public authorities or legal advisor when required to comply with applicable law, or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims. (Data categories 1-12)
Will your data be processed outside the European Union?
Data transfer to processors in countries outside the European Union (so-called third countries) is only permitted (1) if you have given us your consent or (2) if the European Commission has decided that an adequate level of protection exists in a third country (Art. 45 GDPR). If the Commission has not made such a decision, we may only transfer your data to third parties located in a third country in so far as appropriate safeguards exist (e.g. standard data protection clauses adopted by the Commission or the supervisory authority in a specific procedure) and the enforcement of your rights is ensured, or the transfer is permissible in individual cases due to other permitted circumstances (Article 49 GDPR).
When do we erase or anonymise your data?
We process your data as long as is necessary for the relevant purpose, unless you have effectively objected to the processing of your data or have effectively revoked your consent.
As far as statutory retention obligations exist – e.g. in commercial law or tax law – we will have to save the relevant data for the duration of the retention obligation. After the expiry of the retention period, we check whether there is any further need for processing. If there is no such further necessity, your data will be erased.
To what extent is automated individual decision-making used in individual cases?
We do not deploy any automated decision-making in establishing and conducting the business relationship pursuant to Art. 22 GDPR. Should we use these processes in individual cases, we will notify you separately, to the extent prescribed by law.
3 Data Security
We use technical and organisational security measures in order to secure your data against loss, incorrect modification and unauthorised access by third parties. Moreover, on our part, only authorised persons will ever have access to your data, and they can only access it to the extent required within the framework of the purposes named above.
We use so-called cookies in order to recognise your preferences and achieve optimum website design. This makes navigation easier and ensures a high level of user-friendliness.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that are stored on your device. They can be used to determine if there has already been communication between your device and our website. Only the cookie is identified on your device. Personal data can then be stored in cookies if you have given your consent for this or where this is technically essential, e.g. for a secure login.
Further information on cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org.
- to ensure a secure Internet environment;
- to check our website performance;
- to evaluate the manner in which you use our website in order to improve our services; for example, we can detect when a process is too time-consuming and results in the user cancelling the process underway This knowledge enables the process steps to be simplified and made more customer-oriented;
- to improve user-friendliness, traceability for our user customers and the online experience;
We do not use your cookies in order to track your Internet activity outside the HNGRY website;
What type of cookies do we use and what is their purpose?
Necessary cookies (session cookies)
Necessary cookies (known as session cookies) are erased when the browser is closed. They record navigation on the HNGRY website as well as the length of the visit, and store the contents of your registration information for the duration of the visit to the HNGRY website.
Statistical cookies (persistent cookies)
Statistical cookies (known as persistent cookies or tracking code) do not contain any personal data. They record where the website was accessed from, which search engine was used, which link was clicked and which search term was selected, as well as the user’s location when accessing a website. They record the number of visits and the duration of the first, current and previous visit. These cookies only register visits to our website. They are not activated when visiting other websites.
Can I erase cookies that are stored on my device?
You can erase the cookies that are stored for the HNGRY website. In this case, however, your individual data and content, including your cookie settings, will be lost and you will not be recognised as a returning visitor the next time you visit the HNGRY website.
The user concept of our website includes some online features designed to make your visit as comfortable as possible. However, these only work with the help of cookies. Continued navigation on our website indicates your consent to the use of these cookies. You may revoke your consent at any time.
How can I revoke my consent regarding cookies?
If you do not want us to recognise your device, you can prevent the storage of cookies on your device by selecting “Do not accept cookies” in your browser settings. Please refer to the instructions from your browser supplier for more details.
You can set your browser so that cookie storage is only accepted if you give your consent. If you do not want to accept cookies from our service providers, then you can select the setting “block cookies from third party providers” in your browser.
You can usually search in the help function in the menu of your web browser to find out how to reject new cookies or deactivate those you have already received.
However, please note that certain “essential” cookies are indispensable for unobstructed navigation on the HNGRY website and for selection and design. We only use these cookies to check the efficiency of the HNGRY website and record visit frequency.
5 Use of Google technology
How can I prevent the storage of Google technology (cookies)?
If you do not want Liebherr-Hausgeräte GmbH to collect and analyse data about your visit, you can object to this at any time with future effect (so-called “Opt-Out”), even if you have previously consented.
For the technical implementation of this objection, an “Opt-Out cookie” will be set in your browser. This cookie is only used to signify your objection. Please note that for technical reasons “Opt-Out cookies” can only be used for the browser from which they are set. If you erase cookies or use another browser or device, you will need to opt out again.
You can install the “Opt-Out cookie” directly here. Alternatively, you can download and install the browser plug-in available under the following link
What is Google Analytics?
On behalf of Liebherr-Hausgeräte GmbH, as the operator of the HNGRY website, Google will use the above information to evaluate your use of the HNGRY website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide Liebherr-Hausgeräte GmbH with other services related to website usage and Internet usage. These purposes also constitute our legitimate interest in data processing. The legal basis for the deployment of Google Analytics is Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR. The IP address provided by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with any other Google information. You can prevent the storage of cookies through the corresponding settings in your browser software; however, we would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of the website in full.
6 Data Subject Rights and Right of Appeal
Within the legal framework, you have the right to;
- information about your data;
- the correction of incorrect data and completion of incomplete data;
- restriction of the processing of your data, especially should you dispute the accuracy of the data or the processing of your data is illegal and you demand restriction of use in place of erasure;
- the right to receive your data in a structured, standard and machine-readable form and to demand that we transfer your data directly to another controller.
Please note that the lawfulness of processing based on consent prior to your withdrawal of such is not affected by your withdrawal of consent.
We ask for your understanding that, where the above rights are asserted, we may require you to provide evidence proving that you are the person you claim to be.
You also have a right of appeal with the responsible supervisory authority.
7 Who is the point of contact for data protection issues and how can I contact them?
Should you have any questions regarding data protection, please contact:
Liebherr-IT Services GmbH
St. Vitus 1
88457 Oberopfingen, Germany
Last updated: December 2019