Data Privacy HNGRY App
We attach great importance to the protection and security of your personal data. We therefore consider it important to inform you about which personal data we use for which purposes and which rights you have in relation to your personal data.
The HNGRY app is a shopping-list app in which you can create and edit your own shopping lists and share them with other HNGRY app users. The HNGRY app is intended to help you with your food planning. You can share the lists you created with friends and family at any time so you can better organise your shopping. The HNGRY app offers you a range of features such as the foods you buy the most frequently, the rhythm you consume them in and thus when you need to stock up on them again. Registration on the app is done via a Social Login from the providers Google, Facebook or Apple.
II. What are personal data and what does processing mean?
- “Personal data” (hereinafter also referred to as “data”) are any information that reveal something about a natural person. In addition to information that allows a direct inference about a specific person (such as a person’s name or e-mail address), personal data also include information that can be linked to a certain person with appropriate additional knowledge.
- “Processing” refers to any action taken on your personal data (such as the collection, recording, organisation, ordering, storage, use or erasure of data).
2 Data processing in the HNGRY app
I. Who is responsible for processing your data?
The controller responsible for processing your data is Liebherr-Hausgeräte GmbH, Memminger St. 77-79, 88416 Ochsenhausen, Germany, Phone: +4973529280; Fax +497352928408; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
II. What data are collected for which purposes?
When the HNGRY app is downloaded or used on your mobile device, we collect the following data:
1. The date and time of the access to the HNGRY app
2. The duration of the access to the HNGRY app
3. The files accessed by you via the HNGRY app
4. The amount of data transferred to you
5. Your operating system
6. Your Internet connection
7. Your smartphone (device ID)
8. The IP addresses used by you
We collect the following data during registration and authentication within the app:
9. Date and time of the registration and authentication
10. Social login provider and social identifier (unique identifier)
11. User ID
12. App ID
13. Surname and first name
14. Profile picture
We collect the following data for the purposes of communicating with you:
17. email address
We collect the following data during use of the app:
18. Name of shopping lists, products/product categories
19. Content of notes and product quantity and unit information
20. Permissions for shared shopping lists
21. Log information including for adding, amending, deleting (purchasing) products, shopping lists, notes, quantity and unit information, corrections
We collect the following data for the purpose of synchronising and optimising the app functions:
23. Date, time and content of the free text input in the product search box
24. Date and time of when the Share button is pressed
25. Date and time of switching to other shopping lists
26. Date and time of when a shopping list was exited
27. Date and time of the change of the sort order of a shopping list
28. Date and time plus the name of products entered
29. Current sort order of a shopping list
We collect the following data for the analysis of app crashes:
30. Firebase token (identifier of the app)
We generally only process the data listed in points 1-30 for the following purposes:
1. To secure the app and related offerings (data categories used: 1-8 and 22)
2. To generate a user profile and create a household with your name (data categories used: 9-14)
3. To display the correct app language (data categories used: 15 + 16)
4. To communicate security-relevant information regarding the app and to communicate changes to our legal notices (data category used:
5. To manage your products/product categories and shopping lists (data categories used: 18-20 + 23)
6. To display your personal purchasing recommendations (data category used: 21)
7. To prevent abuse (generated share link only valid for a brief period) (data category used: 24)
8. To be able to display synchronised results in shared shopping lists or via various devices (data categories used: 25-27)
9. To optimise the product catalogue and display our own products (data category used: 28 + 29)
10. To send push notifications (data category used: 21, 30)
III. On what legal basis do we collect your data?
In principle, the legal basis for processing your data is Art. 6 GDPR, in so far as there are no further specific legal provisions.
Your data is processed based on one or more of the following legal bases:
1. Data processing for the performance of contracts (Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR) (applies to purposes 2-9 and 10 (data category used: 21))
2. Data processing based on a balance of interests (Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR) (applies to purposes 1 + 10 (data category used: 30))
Our legitimate interest is:
Improvement of the stability, functionality and security of the app (applies to purposes 1 + 10)
If we process your data on the basis of a balance of interests, you have the right to object to the processing of your data under the provisions of Art. 21 GDPR.
We process your data only to the extent necessary for the fulfilment of the abovementioned purposes.
IV. To whom and for what purposes do we transfer which categories of your data?
Where necessary, we will transfer your data:
1. to other Liebherr subsidiaries, if this is necessary for the initiation, execution or termination of a contract or if there is a legitimate interest in the transfer on our part and your predominant legitimate interest is not in conflict with the same (data categories 1-30);
2. to the service providers we use to achieve the above purposes (data category 30);
3. to people you share your list with (data categories 18-21);
4. to any court, arbitration tribunal, public authorities or legal advisor when required to comply with applicable law, or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims (data categories 1-30);
5. to the social login provider of your choice (data category 10).
V. Will your data be processed outside the European Union?
Data transfer to processors in countries outside the European Union (so-called third countries) is only permitted (1) if you have given us your consent or (2) if the European Commission has decided that an adequate level of protection exists in a third country (Art. 45 GDPR). If the Commission has not made such a decision, we may only transfer your data to third parties located in a third country in so far as appropriate safeguards exist (e.g. standard data protection clauses adopted by the Commission or the supervisory authority in a specific procedure) and the enforcement of your rights is ensured, or the transfer is permissible in individual cases due to other permitted circumstances (Article 49 GDPR).
VI. When do we erase or anonymise your data?
We process your data as long as is necessary for the relevant purpose, unless you have effectively objected to the processing of your data or have effectively revoked your consent.
As far as statutory retention obligations exist – e.g. in commercial law or tax law – we will have to save the relevant data for the duration of the retention obligation. After the expiry of the retention period, we check whether there is any further need for processing. If there is no such further necessity, your data will be erased.
VII. To what extent is automated individual decision-making used in individual cases?
We do not deploy any automated decision-making in establishing and conducting the business relationship pursuant to Art. 22 GDPR. Should we use these processes in individual cases, we will notify you separately, to the extent prescribed by law.
VIII. To what extent is your data used for profiling?
We process your app usage data using a partially automated process to enable comprehensive implementation of our app functions for you as well as to constantly improve and enhance our app based on your user behaviour. Certain personal aspects are evaluated in the course of this (profiling).
We remember your purchasing history to make your shopping suggestions as smart as possible. If you frequently buy a product, we use this history to calculate your average purchasing frequency and show you on the coloured bar whether you are likely to have some of the product left or whether you need to buy more. If you have not bought a product very frequently, we calculate the purchasing suggestions based on our empirical values.
3 Data Security
We use technical and organisational security measures in order to secure your data against loss, incorrect modification and unauthorised access by third parties. Moreover, on our part, only authorised persons will ever have access to your data, and they can only access it to the extent required within the framework of the purposes named above.
We use so-called cookies in order to recognise your preferences and achieve optimum app design. This makes navigation easier and ensures a high level of user-friendliness.
I. What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that are stored on your device. They can be used to determine if there has already been communication between your device and our app. Only the cookie is identified on your device. Personal data can then be stored in cookies if you have given your consent for this or where this is technically essential, e.g. for a secure login.
Further information on cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org.
- to ensure a secure Internet environment;
- to check our app performance;
- to evaluate the manner in which you use our app in order to improve our services. For example, we can detect when a process is too time-consuming and results in the user cancelling the process underway This knowledge enables the process steps to be simplified and made more customer-oriented;
- to improve user-friendliness, traceability for our user customers and the online experience.
We do not use your cookies in order to track your Internet activity outside the HNGRY app.
III. What type of cookies do we use and what is their purpose?
a. Necessary cookies (session cookies)
Necessary cookies (known as session cookies) are erased when the app is closed. They record navigation on the HNGRY app as well as the length of the visit, and store the contents of your registration information for the duration of the visit to the HNGRY app.
b. Statistical cookies (persistent cookies or tracking code)
Statistical cookies (known as persistent cookies or tracking code) do not contain any personal data. They record where the app was accessed from, which link was clicked and which search term was selected, as well as the user’s location when accessing the app. They record the number of visits and the duration of the first, current and previous visit. These cookies only register visits to our app.
IV. Can I erase cookies that are stored on my device?
You can erase the cookies that are stored for the HNGRY app. In this case, however, your individual data and content, including your cookie settings, will be lost and you will not be recognised as a returning user the next time you visit the HNGRY app.
The user concept of our app includes some online features designed to make your visit as comfortable as possible. However, these only work with the help of cookies. Continued navigation in our app indicates your consent to the use of these cookies. You may revoke your consent at any time.
VI. How can I revoke my consent regarding cookies?
If you do not want us to recognise your device, you can prevent the storage of cookies on your device by selecting “Do not accept cookies” in your settings. Please refer to the instructions from your device manufacturer for more details.
Please note, however, that certain “essential” cookies are indispensable for unobstructed navigation in the HNGRY app and for selection and design. We only use these cookies to check the efficiency of the HNGRY app and record user frequency.
5 Use of Google technology
I. What is Google Analytics?
On behalf of Liebherr-Hausgeräte GmbH, as the operator of the HNGRY app, Google will use the above information to evaluate your use of the HNGRY app, to compile reports on app activity and to provide Liebherr-Hausgeräte GmbH with other services related to app usage and Internet usage. These purposes also constitute our legitimate interest in data processing. The legal basis for the deployment of Google Analytics is Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR. The IP address provided by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with any other Google information. You can prevent the storage of cookies through the corresponding settings in your browser software; however, we would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of the app in full.
II. What is Google Firebase Crashlytics?
6 Data Subject Rights and Right of Appeal
Within the legal framework, you have the right to;
1. information about your data;
2. the correction of incorrect data and completion of incomplete data;
4. restriction of the processing of your data, especially should you dispute the accuracy of the data or the processing of your data is illegal and you demand restriction of use in place of erasure;
5. the right to receive your data in a structured, standard and machine-readable form and to demand that we transfer your data directly to another controller.
Please note that the lawfulness of processing based on consent prior to your withdrawal of such is not affected by your withdrawal of consent.
We ask for your understanding that, where the above rights are asserted, we may require you to provide evidence proving that you are the person you claim to be.
You also have a right of appeal with the responsible supervisory authority.
7 Who is the point of contact for data protection issues and how can I contact them?
Should you have any questions regarding data protection, please contact:
Liebherr-IT Services GmbH
St. Vitus 1
88457 Oberopfingen, Germany
Last updated: December 2019