Data Privacy HNGRY App
We attach great importance to the protection and security of your personal data. We therefore consider it important to inform you about which personal data we use for which purposes and which rights you have in relation to your personal data.
This data protection notice is subject to the DSGVO and any applicable data protection laws of Switzerland.
The HNGRY app
The HNGRY app is a shopping-list app in which you can create and edit your own shopping lists and share them with other HNGRY app users. The HNGRY app is intended to help you with your food planning. You can share the lists you created with friends and family at any time so you can better organize your shopping. The HNGRY app offers you a range of features such as the foods you buy the most frequently, the rhythm you consume them in and thus when you need to stock up on them again. Registration on the app is done via our HNGRY login or a Social Login from the providers Google, Facebook or Apple. We also offer you a guest login without any registration.
The xtraHNGRY storage
Products that you have marked as bought in your shopping list are automatically added to your storage. These are automatically assigned to the appropriate storage location you have at home and you will also receive information about how long they are likely to be fresh and in stock. If necessary, you can easily adjust the storage location and the expiration time *.
Our Smart Availability algorithm uses your usage history and smartly combines it with expert knowledge of food storage. Thanks to various sorting and filtering options *, you can find out more quickly what you still have at home, what is probably no longer in stock or edible and what you should buy again. With just one click * you can add products that need to be bought again to your shopping list.
Functions that are marked with * can only be used if you have subscribed to xtraHNGRY and are therefore subject to payment.
II. What are personal data and what does processing mean?
- “Personal data” (hereinafter also referred to as “data”) are any information that reveal something about a natural person. In addition to information that allows a direct inference about a specific person (such as a person’s name or e-mail address), personal data also include information that can be linked to a certain person with appropriate additional knowledge.
- “Processing” refers to any action taken on your personal data (such as the collection, recording, organization, ordering, storage, use or erasure of data).
2 Data processing in the HNGRY app
I. Who is responsible for processing your data?
The controller responsible for processing your data is Liebherr-Hausgeräte GmbH, Memminger St. 77-79, 88416 Ochsenhausen, Germany, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
II. What data are collected for which purposes?
When the HNGRY app and the xtraHNGRY storage is downloaded or used on your mobile device, the app transmits the following data to our web servers, which we store in so-called log files::
- The date of the access to the HNGRY app
- The time of the access to the HNGRY app
- The URL of the linking website
- The files accessed by you via the HNGRY app
- The amount of data transferred to you
- Your internet connection
- Your operating system
- The IP addresses used by you
We collect the following data during registration and authentication within the HNGRY app and the xtraHNGRY storage:
- Your unique identifier (UPN)
- HNGRY User ID
- HNGRY App ID
- Your Surname and first name
- Your email address
- Your password (encrypted)
- Your Profile picture
- Your country and language
Notice: If you register with a social login from Apple, Facebook or Google, the social login provider sends us data in addition to a so-called unique identifier (UPN), such as your first and last name (all providers), your profile picture (Facebook) and the link to your Google Plus profile (Google), if you have activated this settings by the respective social login provider.
We collect the following data during use of the HNGRY app:
- Name of shopping lists, products/product categories
- Content of notes and product quantity and unit information
- Permissions for shared shopping lists
- Log information including for adding, amending, deleting (purchasing) products, shopping lists, notes, quantity and unit information, corrections
- Usage of the free text input in the product search box
- Usage of the Share button is pressed, Date and time of switching to other shopping lists, Date and time of when a shopping list was exited, Date and time of the change of the sort order of a shopping list
- Usage of the name of products entered
- Current sort order of a shopping list
- Firebase token (identifier of the app)
We collect the following additional data during use of the xtraHNGRY storage:
- Storage profile (such as refrigerator, freezer, zero-degree zone, dry storage)
- Purchased products of a shopping list of the HNGRY App
We generally only process the data for the following purposes:
- To secure the app and related offerings and to prevent abuse
- To provide a guest-login
- Registration via a social login provider
- To generate a user profile and create a household with your name
- To provide the functions of the xtraHNGRY storage
- To display the correct app language
- To communicate security-relevant information regarding the app and to communicate changes to our legal notices
- Answering of feedback requests via the in-app-contact form
- To manage your products/product categories and shopping lists and to display your personal purchasing recommendations
- To be able to display synchronised results in shared shopping lists or via various devices
- To optimise the product catalogue and display our own products
- Error analysis and improvement of the app
- To send push notifications
III. On what legal basis do we collect your data?
In principle, the legal basis for processing your data is Art. 6 GDPR, in so far as there are no further specific legal provisions.
Your data is processed based on one or more of the following legal bases:
- Data processing for the performance of contracts (Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR)
- Data processing based on a balance of interests (Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR)
Our legitimate interest is:
- to be able to identify, understand and put a stop to cases of misuse of the Liebherr Website and thereby guarantee data security on our web servers, and
- Improvement of the stability, functionality and security of the app
If we process your data on the basis of a balance of interests, you have the right to object to the processing of your data under the provisions of Art. 21 GDPR.
We process your data only to the extent necessary for the fulfilment of the abovementioned purposes.
IV. To whom and for what purposes do we transfer which categories of your data?
Where necessary, we will transfer your data:
- to other Liebherr subsidiaries, if this is necessary for the initiation, execution or termination of a contract or if there is a legitimate interest in the transfer on our part and your predominant legitimate interest is not in conflict with the same;
- to the service providers we use to achieve the above purposes;
- to people you share your list with;
- to any court, arbitration tribunal, public authorities or legal advisor when required to comply with applicable law, or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
V. Will your data be processed outside the European Union?
Data transfer to processors in countries outside the European Union (so-called third countries) is only permitted (1) if you have given us your consent or (2) if the European Commission has decided that an adequate level of protection exists in a third country (Art. 45 GDPR). If the Commission has not made such a decision, we may only transfer your data to third parties located in a third country in so far as appropriate safeguards exist (e.g. standard data protection clauses adopted by the Commission or the supervisory authority in a specific procedure) and the enforcement of your rights is ensured, or the transfer is permissible in individual cases due to other permitted circumstances (Article 49 GDPR).
VI. When do we erase or anonymise your data?
We process your data as long as is necessary for the relevant purpose, unless you have effectively objected to the processing of your data or have effectively revoked your consent.
As far as statutory retention obligations exist – e.g. in commercial law or tax law – we will have to save the relevant data for the duration of the retention obligation. After the expiry of the retention period, we check whether there is any further need for processing. If there is no such further necessity, your data will be erased.
VII. To what extent is automated individual decision-making used in individual cases?
We do not deploy any automated decision-making in establishing and conducting the business relationship pursuant to Art. 22 GDPR. Should we use these processes in individual cases, we will notify you separately, to the extent prescribed by law.
VIII. To what extent is your data used for profiling?
We process your app usage data using a partially automated process to enable comprehensive implementation of our app functions for you as well as to constantly improve and enhance our app based on your user behaviour. Certain personal aspects are evaluated in the course of this (profiling).
We remember your purchasing history to make your shopping suggestions as smart as possible. If you frequently buy a product, we use this history to calculate your average purchasing frequency and show you on the coloured bar whether you are likely to have some of the product left or whether you need to buy more. If you have not bought a product very frequently, we calculate the purchasing suggestions based on our empirical values.
3 Data Security
We use technical and organisational security measures in order to secure your data against loss, incorrect modification and unauthorised access by third parties. Moreover, on our part, only authorised persons will ever have access to your data, and they can only access it to the extent required within the framework of the purposes named above.
In the context of providing the HNGRY app, so-called cookies are used.
Cookies are small files, which are stored on your device. They may be used to determine whether your device has already communicated with our website. Only the cookie on your end device is identified. Cookies may contain personal data if you have consented to it or it is technically necessary, e.g. to enable protected login.
Further information on cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org.
- to ensure a secure Internet environment;
- to check our app performance;
- to evaluate the manner in which you use our app in order to improve our services. For example, we can detect when a process is too time-consuming and results in the user cancelling the process underway This knowledge enables the process steps to be simplified and made more customer-oriented;
- to improve user-friendliness, traceability for our user customers and the online experience.
II. What type of cookies do we use and what is their purpose?
Technically necessary cookies
Technically necessary cookies help to make our service usable by enabling basic functions such as page navigation and access to secure areas of the HNGRY app. The HNGRY app cannot function properly without these cookies.
Web Analysis Cookies
IP anonymization is used in the HNGRY app. The IP address of users is shortened within the member states of the EU and the European Economic Area. Due to this shortening, the personal reference of your IP address is no longer necessary. On behalf of Liebherr-Hausgeräte GmbH, as operator of the HNGRY app, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the HNGRY app, to compile reports on web activities within the HNGRY app and to provide further services to Liebherr-Hausgeräte GmbH in connection with the use of the website and the Internet. The IP address transmitted by your browser within the framework of Google Analytics is not merged with other data from Google.
Google Firebase Crashlytics
- We collect and process technically necessary cookies on the basis of a weighing of interests (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) DSGVO). Our legitimate interest lies in the improvement and maintenance of the stability or functionality and the security of the HNGRY app.
- We collect and process web analysis cookies on the basis of your prior and voluntarily given consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) DSGVO). If we process your data on the basis of your consent, you have the right to revoke this consent at any time with effect for the future.
IV. Can I erase cookies that are stored on my device?
You can erase the cookies that are stored for the HNGRY app. In this case, however, your individual data and content, including your cookie settings, will be lost and you will not be recognized as a returning user the next time you visit the HNGRY app.
The user concept of our app includes some online features designed to make your visit as comfortable as possible. However, these only work with the help of cookies. Continued navigation in our app indicates your consent to the use of these cookies. You may revoke your consent at any time.
VI. How can I revoke my consent regarding cookies?
If you do not want us to recognise your device, you can prevent the storage of cookies on your device by selecting “Do not accept cookies” in your settings. Please refer to the instructions from your device manufacturer for more details.
Please note, however, that certain “essential” cookies are indispensable for unobstructed navigation in the HNGRY app and for selection and design. We only use these cookies to check the efficiency of the HNGRY app and record user frequency.
5 Data Subject Rights and Right of Appeal
Within the legal framework, you have the right to;
- information about your data;
- the correction of incorrect data and completion of incomplete data;
- restriction of the processing of your data, especially should you dispute the accuracy of the data or the processing of your data is illegal and you demand restriction of use in place of erasure;
- the right to receive your data in a structured, standard and machine-readable form and to demand that we transfer your data directly to another controller.
Please note that the lawfulness of processing based on consent prior to your withdrawal of such is not affected by your withdrawal of consent.
We ask for your understanding that, where the above rights are asserted, we may require you to provide evidence proving that you are the person you claim to be.
You also have a right of appeal with the responsible supervisory authority.
6 Who is the point of contact for data protection issues and how can I contact them?
Should you have any questions regarding data protection, please contact:
Corporate Privacy Officer
Liebherr-IT Services GmbH
St. Vitus 1
88457 Oberopfingen/Kirchdorf an der Iller
Last updated: July 2021